Gateway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gateway

Gateway is a game bringing a Portal-like game to the PSP. The game will have a completely custom storyline and content.

HomeWelcomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I can do level design.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shadowstreak

shadowstreak

I can do level design. Empty
PostSubject: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Ok, so I know how to map in hammer, been working with it for almost a year now, but I only work on it now and then. But I have released a couple of maps. My current map I am working on is a recreation of the I Am Legend apartment for l4D, it is in it's early stages, but looks the best out of all my creations so far. Here is a picture
I can do level design. IAM_basementalpha2
and you can view my submissions for garry's mod and TF2(very old sub and bad sub by my standards) here
http://www.fpsbanana.com/members/maps/416784
Though I did update every version of each map, I often get side tracked of updating it by working on another., and a computer crash made me lose it all.

I also have experience in Google Sketch up, though I don't know how that will help at all lol. I can learn other mapping programs, just tell me which one you use.

So that's about it. I just graduated from high school and am taking a year off, so I will have a lot of time to work. Though I do plan to get a job in the coming months, but it wont take up all my time.
Back to top Go down
Gearsguy
Admin
Admin
Gearsguy

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Ok we've been considering you for a while and...

we're sorry to say

that you've been

accepted.

lol!

Great work, I like how you can get into small detail.

Reply then meet me in chat so I can talk to you
Back to top Go down
https://portalpsp.forumakers.com
shadowstreak

shadowstreak

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Awesome! So I would like to ask a few questions,

1) What design program do you use/plan to use for the levels?

2)Can I be shown what my constraints are for the psp, so I don't get too detailed?

3)My psp is currently on the newest firmware, I know there is a way to downgrade it, so you have any links to a site?

If you want to contact me, I'll give you my e-mail and AIM or whatever you use lol.

I look forward to doing this!
Back to top Go down
Gearsguy
Admin
Admin
Gearsguy

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:11 pm

shadowstreak wrote:

2)Can I be shown what my constraints are for the psp, so I don't get too detailed?

3)My psp is currently on the newest firmware, I know there is a way to downgrade it, so you have any links to a site?

If you want to contact me, I'll give you my e-mail and AIM or whatever you use lol.

1. we use worldcraft with a quake adapter to create maps

2. the psp can handle any type of map but basicly what we do is make the map then delete ANY part they cannot see deleting faces and saving alot of RAM memory

3. um you cant get it hacked unless you use a pandoras battery and thats only if u have an old slim or phat psp
Back to top Go down
shadowstreak

shadowstreak

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:53 pm

Gearsguy wrote:
shadowstreak wrote:

2. the psp can handle any type of map but basicly what we do is make the map then delete ANY part they cannot see deleting faces and saving alot of RAM memory

3. um you cant get it hacked unless you use a pandoras battery and thats only if u have an old slim or phat psp

Alright, I'll try to find the mapping program, and do you want me to make textures too? I've never done it, but I think I might be able to do it.

And yeah, and removing all the unseen textures is a chore... I hate optimizing, wish a program could do that for me XD.

and about the pandora battery, idk when I can do that, since me and my brother both share a PSP, and I can't risk breaking it. But he is getting the GO when it comes out, so I will do it then since I have the original version that launched.
Back to top Go down
Gearsguy
Admin
Admin
Gearsguy

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:42 am

shadowstreak wrote:
Gearsguy wrote:
shadowstreak wrote:

Alright, I'll try to find the mapping program, and do you want me to make textures too? I've never done it, but I think I might be able to do it.

And yeah, and removing all the unseen textures is a chore... I hate optimizing, wish a program could do that for me XD.

and about the pandora battery, idk when I can do that, since me and my brother both share a PSP, and I can't risk breaking it. But he is getting the GO when it comes out, so I will do it then since I have the original version that launched.

well we have a texture maker

and if youre gonna be a part of this team you must follow the rules

i wont accept sloppy work
Back to top Go down
shadowstreak

shadowstreak

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:58 am

XD, sorry if I came off as lazy. I learned the lesson of optimization a long time ago. The maps I have been making have been huge, so it takes FOREVER to find the unseen textures. I always do optimization though. I'm going to sketch up some original level designs. If you want me to do any copies of the normal portal game, I'll do that too.
Back to top Go down
Gearsguy
Admin
Admin
Gearsguy

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:01 pm

shadowstreak wrote:
XD, sorry if I came off as lazy. I learned the lesson of optimization a long time ago. The maps I have been making have been huge, so it takes FOREVER to find the unseen textures. I always do optimization though. I'm going to sketch up some original level designs. If you want me to do any copies of the normal portal game, I'll do that too.

NO

they have to be custom
Back to top Go down
shadowstreak

shadowstreak

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:52 pm

No need to freak out lol. I have some ideas brewing, is there a time frame I have to work with?
Back to top Go down
Gearsguy
Admin
Admin
Gearsguy

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:54 pm

shadowstreak wrote:
No need to freak out lol. I have some ideas brewing, is there a time frame I have to work with?

no
Back to top Go down
shadowstreak

shadowstreak

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Alright, so I have been messing with the world craft editor, and I cannot find a way to make see through glass. Also is there a no-draw texture of sorts for optimizing?
Back to top Go down
Gearsguy
Admin
Admin
Gearsguy

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:22 pm

shadowstreak wrote:
Alright, so I have been messing with the world craft editor, and I cannot find a way to make see through glass. Also is there a no-draw texture of sorts for optimizing?

im sorry

but if you havnt ever used worldcraft
wed want someone with quake mapping experience

because mapping for something so small with limits is a hard task
Back to top Go down
shadowstreak

shadowstreak

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:17 pm

Gearsguy wrote:
shadowstreak wrote:

im sorry

Alright, I was excited it was like hammer, but it is obvious that it is more primitive, I could not find a no-draw texture of sorts, and there was no textures built in that was glass, I figured you could import some. So I am learning it, but if you want someone else it's alright. I would love to contribute though.
Back to top Go down
Gearsguy
Admin
Admin
Gearsguy

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:24 pm

shadowstreak wrote:
Gearsguy wrote:
shadowstreak wrote:

im sorry

Alright, I was excited it was like hammer, but it is obvious that it is more primitive, I could not find a no-draw texture of sorts, and there was no textures built in that was glass, I figured you could import some. So I am learning it, but if you want someone else it's alright. I would love to contribute though.

i added you on steam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can do level design.   I can do level design. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can do level design.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gateway :: About the game :: Apply for the team-
Jump to: